Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Plan

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
14060 Views, 7 Replies

Electrical Plan

Hi,

I am trying to create an electrical plan in revit. I would like to show the light switches, outlets, wiring path, light fixtures and the furniture dashed or in halftone below. How would I go about doing this?

I created a ceiling plan with lights and duplicated the floor plan fro the switches and outlets. I now need to bring the lighting into the plan. When I play around with the view range I can get the light fixture but then I loose the furniture. How can I get the furniture and the lighting?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

You can underlay the floor plan "on" your ceiling plan or vice versa.  The underlay wil show as halftoned graphics.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 8
chrisplyler

I use a ceiling plan to PLACE my light fixtures, but I don't use it to for the actual electrical plan that will be on a sheet. I use a regular floor plan. Don't mess with the view range, don't turn on an underlay, etc. Just set the view to be of the electrical discipline.

electplan.gif

If you do need to show the grid of a drop ceiling, you'll need to give the Top of the view range an inch or two of offset. But otherwise nothing funny is required.

Message 4 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: chrisplyler

@chrisplyler wrote:

I use a ceiling plan to PLACE my light fixtures, but I don't use it to for the actual electrical plan that will be on a sheet. I use a regular floor plan. Don't mess with the view range, don't turn on an underlay, etc. Just set the view to be of the electrical discipline.

Switching view discipline is a good trick I need to remember.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Is there a way to change the walls from being halftone when creating electrical plan and setting the disipline to electrical?

Another question, Is there a way to create the legend on the electrical plan view so I can work with the legend on the same page instead of having them seperate and only together once dragged onto the sheet?

Thank you

Message 6 of 8
chrisplyler

1. No, but you can change your default halftone setting so that it is darker.

2. No, but you can open two views at the same time, side-by-side.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you.

That would then change the underlay for all my drawings. Is there a way to make the changes to just this one?

Message 8 of 8
chrisplyler

No. The funtionality of turning all non-MEP items grayscale is a hard-coded thing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report