Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical devices in another color

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bdeioma
2978 Views, 4 Replies

Electrical devices in another color

I am trying to make a plan for our interiors department to use for electrical to furniture coordination. They want the different devices to show in different colors. How do I make my linked MEP model show Light devices in one color and Electrical devices in another color?  I tried to change all of the line types in in the various levels of Visibility Graphics.  Most of the stuff changed colors.  However the Electrical devices and some others remain black.  What do I need to do to get these last items to be the colors that I want?  Are there other controls for this?  Where?

Thank You

Nardo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kmfuhrman
in reply to: bdeioma

Check not only the VG overrides of the links, but also the main model VG's. It may also require some deeper investigation into how the Electrical devices were modeled...maybe they are Generic Models or something different?

Kimberly Fuhrman, LEED AP BD+C
Freelance Architectural Technologist

Message 3 of 5
bdeioma
in reply to: kmfuhrman

Thanks.  I think I remember that there are "System controls" for color on these things.  But I cannot remember where those controls are?  I checked the Generic models.  It isn't that.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
bdeioma

If there is an easy way to do this I would still like to know it.  However I figured out how to do it with Filters and consider it resolved.

Message 5 of 5
chrisplyler

I think you're looking for Manage > Object Styles. That's where to global, project-wide controls are, as opposed to the Visibility Graphics options which are view specific only.

I believe the reason some items, such as receptacles and switches, remain black is that the part of them that displays in a plan view may be symblic lines that are part of a subcategory. Perhaps you did an override in VG of Electrical Devices, for example, but did not open the category up and apply the override to its subcategories. Or perhaps some items are being cut in the view, and you did an override on the projected line but not on the cut line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report