Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing pre IFC export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
densortekat75
174 Views, 2 Replies

Editing pre IFC export

Hi

I’ve been using IFC files for the last year, but wanting to optimize our workflow, I’m looking for a way to either hide or remove certain subparts in a given family of the Revit model, before exporting as an IFC to our instruments.
It’s not subparts of structural importance, more precisely fireproofing and insulation, that just complicates the process of defining the placement of structural elements.

i’ve run into problems in the proces, since the changed dimensions of a given family leads to errors in the correlation between ex. Walls, Beams and decks.

It goes without saying that the exact placement of all elements must remain the same.)

Since I’ve no prior experience in Revit, the Solution might be quite simple..

My employer will provide training courses soon, but until then i’d be grateful for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Download and read the "Revit IFC Manual" PDF.  Google it.  

Message 3 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: densortekat75

Create a 3d view and turn off anything you don't want to export, then go to IFC export options and choose Create geometry from current view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report