Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit profile of individual wall layers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lshannonEQEBT
1371 Views, 4 Replies

Edit profile of individual wall layers

Hello all,

Is there a way to edit the profile of an individual layer in a wall? I know that you can edit the horizontal lines, and make a stacked wall, or add a vertical sweep, but what about any other more defined shapes that don't run the length of the whole wall?

Worst case, we will make a second wall and align them together where we can edit the profile of the smaller wall, but we would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

No, there is no way to do this. Your workaround is the way to go.  If you post a picture showing what you are doing, maybe we can suggest a better workflow.  

...Sweeps, Reveals, Edit Profile, Parts, etc. are other things that might work for you depending on what you are doing.

Message 3 of 5

@barthbradley 

That's what I thought. Here is a picture of what we are looking at:

2020-10-21.png

The Blue parts would be the wall layer, and the white concrete parts are what we would like to remove from the profile. Thoughts?

Message 4 of 5

Hard to get the full picture from this one screen shot, but I'm thinking different Wall Types placed on top of other Wall Types would be the easiest -- and more accurate in reporting (MTOs and QTOs).  I like easy and accurate.  

Message 5 of 5

@barthbradley 

Agreed 🙂 Thanks for checking it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report