Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dormer interior wall issues

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mar_zan
340 Views, 6 Replies

Dormer interior wall issues

Is there an intuitive way to prevent the roof from also cutting the gypsum wall in the interior?

Would it be best for me to do a cut profile to extend the gypsum? Or remove the gypsum layer from the wall, and model it separately? 

Screenshot 2023-08-23 145023b.pngScreenshot 2023-08-23 145334.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: mar_zan

Add an opening there and set the wall type to wrap at insert.

Message 3 of 7
mar_zan
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN I'm sorry, can you clarify? I know how to wrap at insert, but what do you mean by add an opening there?
Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

@mar_zan wrote:
@ToanDN I'm sorry, can you clarify? I know how to wrap at insert, but what do you mean by add an opening there?

ToanDN_0-1692821489837.png

Message 5 of 7
mar_zan

Doing this causes join errors that detach the side walls from the roof.
Please see attached image. If I were to use a shaft or vertical opening here, it would infringe upon the dormer opening, which cleanly cuts the roof at the same angle of the shed roof slope.

Screenshot 2023-08-23 154020.png

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

What you see there are not the edges of the walls, but the edges of the roof, and there is no wrapping capability for roof layers.  If you really want to show the gwb layer there you may want to model it as a thin wall and edit profile to match the slope (or model in place), then join geometry.

ToanDN_1-1692824348328.png

ToanDN_0-1692824319028.png

Message 7 of 7
mar_zan

Ok, thanks @ToanDN. I was hoping there was an easier method but this works well enough

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report