Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doors cut wall sweeps

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
nozci
390 Views, 9 Replies

Doors cut wall sweeps

I need doors not cut wall sweeps because I have wall footings as wall sweeps. I unchecked cuttable but doors still cut the footings.

nozci_0-1720599632075.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mike.FORM
in reply to: nozci

If you don't want your door to cut your sweep then have your door start above your sweep.

Use the built in "sill height" parameter to raise the door up.

MikeFORM_0-1720616443709.png

Message 3 of 10
nozci
in reply to: Mike.FORM

But this time it looks like a window on the plans.

Message 4 of 10
barthbradley

I wouldn't use Wall Sweeps as Wall Footings.  That's not a good practice.  It dumbs down the Model.  

I'm curious to know, what was the reason to use Wall Sweeps as Wall Footings in the first place?  Was it a workaround to solve for something else? 

Message 5 of 10
nozci
in reply to: barthbradley

Alternative is to use normal families. They join well at the corners with concrete material model. But when put a wall on top of them, the join disturbed and a gap comes. I raised the wall 250mm above, no connection with the footing, but still the same thing. Doesn't make sense at all.

Message 6 of 10
Mike.FORM

What are "normal" families? Do you mean the foundation tool in the structure tab? Foundations are hosted by the walls so you need the wall first. You cannot place a foundation and then place a wall on top of it.

MikeFORM_0-1720622638328.png

Message 7 of 10
barthbradley

@nozci wrote:

Alternative is to use normal families. They join well at the corners with concrete material model. But when put a wall on top of them, the join disturbed and a gap comes. I raised the wall 250mm above, no connection with the footing, but still the same thing. Doesn't make sense at all.

I'm not clear what you are explaining here, but my question is why not use Wall Foundations?  

Help | Create a Wall Foundation | Autodesk

Message 8 of 10
nozci

Because they are simple in geometry.

Message 9 of 10
barthbradley

@nozci wrote:

Because they are simple in geometry.

Geometry? I don't understand.  Are you saying the Wall Foundation geometry is NOT rectangular so that is why you are using Wall Sweeps as Wall Foundations?  If so, there may be a better/smarter workaround.   Can you post a screenshot?  

Message 10 of 10
nozci

I agree. I can't place doors properly. I hope I won't have to go back wall sweeps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators