Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door family: Room calculation point

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
XXalessio.amodioXX
397 Views, 5 Replies

Door family: Room calculation point

Hi all,

Is it possible to shift/adjust the room calculation point to achieve this result?Room_Calculation Point.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Achieve what result?  I don't get it.   

Message 3 of 6

Depends what you want. However I wouldn't use it if you want to swap  room name, but don't want to change the door direction. Room Calculation point will flip your door if you decided to change the room reading from one room to another.

I wish Autodesk would make the room calculation point as instance so user can adjust which side of the point you want the door to grab the room information.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 6

I am desperately trying to not model he floor finish as single layer to achieve floor finish are in one room.

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: XXalessio.amodioXX

What does door's room calculation point have to do with floor finishes? And I strongly suggest NOT turning on room calculation point in your door family. If someone switches room from/to in a door schedule, the doors will flip on plan.
Message 6 of 6
XXalessio.amodioXX
in reply to: ToanDN

I thought that shifting the Room calculation point I could have had same room area as in pic thus correct floor finish area.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report