Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it make sense to run Revit on cloud computers ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
543 Views, 4 Replies

Does it make sense to run Revit on cloud computers ?

One of my friends is building a cloud computer vagon.io for designers and asked me if it works for Revit users too. The idea is basically you can use a very powerful (122GB RAM 16xcore CPU, 8GB GPU etc) machine through any device.  

What do you think? Does it make sense?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It seems like it's worth trying.  I would say it depends on your connection speed as to how well it would work - I think that this is where the future is heading.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I think the same. Are there any special features you think for Revit users? They are trying to figure out what convenient features can make it better.

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman

I strongly recommend checking licensing terms first. 

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

They have to provide a solution for the licensing and working on it, as I know. But what I meant was more related to hardware usage experience and if there was a much-needed feature that regular computers or services didn't provide to users. It is really difficult to understand what you need further when you got used to doing something in a certain way. 

Any ideas? 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators