Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division Profile for Tilt-up Panels

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ipenn9XVVP
563 Views, 8 Replies

Division Profile for Tilt-up Panels

I have a project where we are doing tilt-up construction and I'm trying to create the chamfers that happen between each panel. The division profile that I made does not maintain the 3/4" dims I going for.

Is this something that will work with division profile or should I stick with using wall reveals?

t01.JPG     t02.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: ipenn9XVVP

Not sure I understand the issue you are describing, but the using reveals is for this is pretty common.  Regardless though, you need a chamfer profile to use.  If you want to post the profile you are having issues with, we can repair it.  

Message 3 of 9
ipenn9XVVP
in reply to: barthbradley

On the left is an image of the division profile family and the right image is the profile being applied to my wall. The 3/4" dims are not being maintained when I load it into the project.

The wall panels are made using the create parts tool with the division profile attached to this message.

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 9
barthbradley

Seems to be working fine in Project. I did add a few constraints to the family. Give it a try and let me know. 

Division.png

Message 5 of 9
ipenn9XVVP

This is the look I'm trying to accomplish where instead of it saying 29/32" on the chamfered pieces it says 3/4"t03.JPGt04.JPG

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

Yes, it's maddening. I have no explanation why the 5/32" disparity.  It's totally replicable in 2021 a well.  I would contact Autodesk about this.  

The only workaround I could come up with is by changing the profile to account for the extra 5/32".

Division Profile B.png

Message 7 of 9
barthbradley

Division Profile C.png

Message 8 of 9
ipenn9XVVP

Alright I'll contact Autodesk and see if they are able to help.

I liked the idea of having a wall split into parts (tilt-up panels) and having each panel separated with the  division profile for easy management. But having that little 3/4" chamfer start at the face of the wall just messes up.

Thanks very much for your help though!

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Did you ever get a solution for this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators