Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine tag leader inserion point

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
HVAC-Novice
3469 Views, 2 Replies

determine tag leader inserion point

I have multiple families that I tag with the same annotation family. I chose "attached End" for the leader. For some families that leader attaches exactly to the actual family (the way i like it).

but for some it attaches a foot away from the actual family. So the problem seems with that family. but what in a family determines where the tag leader attaches to? I couldn't tell a difference between the families where i like the leader attachment, and the other ones. All have the actual extrusion in the center / origin.

I attached the family where the leader is so far away from where I want it.

Revit version: R2024.2.1
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

The leader attaches itself to the outer edges of the family. This includes the parts that might not be visible at that time

Strainer.png

See the above screenshot

1-This is your original (3") strainer with four tags attached. Some look good some (right, bottom) seem to be located away from family

2-This happens when I switch to coarse view and your symbol pops up. There you see the angled part of the strainer that affects the bottom tag

3-Looked into the family and checked the FS symbol used. You see that the angled arm of the 3" symbol extends too far.

4-For quick testing deleted the symbol from your family and you see the right tag connect to the strainer as expected.

So in thase case your symbols interfere with proper tag placement.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks, that worked when I removed that symbol. I was thinking there is a specific point (like room calculation points in light fixtures etc.). But it looks like the leader just goes to some edge of the family (visible or not).

Revit version: R2024.2.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report