Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Wall Modeling

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jdhF2S5U
270 Views, 3 Replies

Design Wall Modeling

Hi, everyone.

It's always hard to express details, but I'm wondering if there's a way to do this one.

I brought a sketchup image as an example. I want to make a wall with a brown pattern. Is there any other way but to create a curtain wall panel?

jdhF2S5U_1-1721119211203.png

I know that we can make a unique type of exterior through curtain wall panel modeling. However, is the wall impossible to use? Or is it difficult to combine wall+panel for curtain wall panel? I mean, within a panel on one grid.

The reason I want to use the wall is that if the dark gray is the structure, I want to express the finished outer wall in brown + light gray. If I want to put the grid in and give an irregular pattern, I think only curtain wall panel will be possible, is there any other way?

jdhF2S5U_2-1721119410780.png

Anyway, I modeled the brown and light gray parts on the panel together, and I don't like it because I can see the grid on the side and the back. Can't help it?

If you don't understand, please ask me again, I'll explain it again. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hmunsell
in reply to: jdhF2S5U

i had one of my staff ask for something similar and we did it using a Curtain wall. I made a custom panel with parameters to controls the angles and just swooped them out as needed. 

this is a default 2'x6' curtain wall grid with my "Bent" panel set as the default panel. then the user can tab select a panel, or several, and swoop it it with another panel type.  i also attached my Curtain Panel family for reference if you wanted to play with it. 

hmunsell_1-1721140174177.png

I'm sure there are other ways to do it too 😁

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: jdhF2S5U

Looks like a unit masonry facade with one wedge-shaped brick being used - with the orientation of that brick unit being randomly changed (e.g. faced a different direction).  I would use a Curtain Wall Type over a Basic Wall Type myself.  That's if I really, really needed to model the each, individual brick unit. Do you?  If so, what's the reason?  I ask because there might be a way to get there without modeling so much detail. 

Wedge Brick.png 

Message 4 of 4
jdhF2S5U
in reply to: barthbradley

Oh, maybe the previous problem has been solved.
By the way, I may have misunderstood, but what's mean the last sentence? Are you saying that if we model with the current curtain wall, we can randomly put the direction of the same curtain wall panel? What if it's not each other forms of bricks?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report