Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default materials

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
georgehobel
1958 Views, 6 Replies

default materials

I have a question about default materials... that may be the wrong term to use???  When I create an extrusion, it always starts out as a "default material", showing up as gray.. When I create a sweep, let's say for interior crown molding, casing, or base, the default material is lightweight concrete.  How I did this I do not know.  I do remember creating some exterior concrete sweeps for a recent project and that's when this happened.  I have been unable to find the key to get it back to the way it was, or even to change it at all... Where should I go look to find the answer?

George Hobel
Reflections of Charlotte
Residential Building and Design
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: georgehobel

Materials for system components are defined under Type Properties.  If you look there and it says By Category then go to Object Styles and look at the Material column for the category.

Message 3 of 7
georgehobel
in reply to: ToanDN

I know i can change the material after creating the sweep.. I want the default to be anything but concrete...

George Hobel
Reflections of Charlotte
Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

Maybe you modified the Default material from plain to concrete by accident. Go to the material manager and see.
Message 5 of 7
barthbradley

You can setup your default/"by-category" materials in Object Styles. 

Message 6 of 7
georgehobel
in reply to: barthbradley

i have tried to do that.. there is no category for wall sweeps, but it looks like I can ad a sub-category to walls.. and asign the material.  ive done that, but it doesnt seem to have an affect when placing the element.  It's just a hassle having to reassign the material each time you mode a new piece... When I changed it to begin with, it was just something I did during the process of making the concrete sweep.. up till then, the next sweep would always seem to get the default of whatever you used last... but now, its stuck on concrete. 

George Hobel
Reflections of Charlotte
Message 7 of 7
barthbradley

are you talking about this:

Wall Sweep  1.png

or this:

Wall SweepB.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report