Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Link for Revit 2019 Gives Memory Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
603 Views, 4 Replies

DB Link for Revit 2019 Gives Memory Error

I manage to use DB Link for Revit 2019, but it constantly give the following error message. I have tried it with Excel, Access, I have given full permission to "Everyone" for files. But no luck? Is there anybody out there used DB Link for Revit 2019 successfully?

Annotation.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well...depending on how you got it so fast..if someone just sent  you the files, make sure the DLL's in the add-ins folder are not security blocked by Windows.  Right click properties and there will be a security button at the bottom which will allow you to authorize the dll.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

1. I did not get it from someone else or install and add-on after installing Revit. As I explained in my post, I installed Revit 2019 on my home PC through Application Manager and it appeared under the Add-ons tab. There are also many other add-ons other than DB-link

I have Revit 2019 installed on my office PC. But I have installed that Revit from Autodesk Web page by downloading the installer. So there are two ways of installing this product apparently and the former one install the add-ons.

2. As I explain in my post, you do not need the add-on for exporting to a database. It is already under the file-> export menu... "Add-on" and "file-> export menu" leads the same place. I do not understand the purpose of the add-on.

So, maybe you can try on your pc very quickly if it creates a similar issue. See the following youtube video that shows exporting to an Excel file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKfk5KC-A0

It has to be Revit 2019 tough.

Many thanks....

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

For the uninformed, this post is related to the post shown on This Link

I have student/academic license.

I would really appreciate if anybody can try on his/her PC to export to Excel file so that I can understand if it is smtg specific to my PC and my Revit.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hello,

I am trying to export my Revit Model to an Access or Excel database but Revit it crashes constantly.

I use File -> Export -> ODBC  and select Excel file to export as explained here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKfk5KC-A0

(I have posted a similar message earlier but no response. Wanted to bring the post back to the attention of the community)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators