Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW Mullion Profile family : 'Profiles' visibility settings for Detail level don't work as expected

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TheoHarleman
381 Views, 7 Replies

CW Mullion Profile family : 'Profiles' visibility settings for Detail level don't work as expected

I've created a Curtain Wall Profile, with a nested Detail Component.

This Detail Component ONLY displays when Detail Level is set to Fine.
The Profile lines (Subcategory 'Profiles') are set to NOT display when Detail Level is set to Fine.

While working in the Curtain Wall Profile family, Preview Visibilty shows that EITHER the Detail Component OR the Profile lines are displayed. Just like I want it to.

When loaded into the project, the nested Detail Component is only visible when Detail Level is set to Fine.

However, the Profile lines are also still visible when Detail Level is set to Fine.

I've inserted an image for clarification. See below.

I've  tried:

• In Curtain Wall Profile family: Using the subcategory <Invisible lines> in stead of 'Profiles'
  • In the project : using VG-Model Overides for Curtain Wall Mullion, swithing <Hidden Lines> on/of.

Thanks for your time and suggestions!

CW Mullion Profile family - Profiles visibility settlings for Detail level dont work as expected.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jay_colcombe
in reply to: TheoHarleman

Just to check, are you ensuring you are turning off the 3D element Visibility Off as this may be what you are seeing not the profile lines?

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 8
TheoHarleman
in reply to: jay_colcombe

Hi Jay,
Not sure what you mean by 'Visibility Off' for 3D elements.
In the Mullion-Profile-family that is not an option I have. Only visibilty related to 'Detail Level'.

Message 4 of 8
jay_colcombe

Apologies you are correct as it a profile that is extruded in the model, so in the model would this just be the Mullions themselves?

Jay Colcombe

Message 5 of 8
TheoHarleman

That is correct.
At Detail Level Fine, in stead of the Mullion, I only want to see the nested Detail-Item.

Message 6 of 8
jay_colcombe

I can repeat here with the Revit OOTB Curtain Wall Profiles so can only assume this is the extruded profile?

Jay Colcombe

Message 7 of 8
gsucci

I thought this was possible to do (namely, hide a mullion 3D profile and show ony its detail component, using level of detail) but it does not seem to be working.

In the profile family, you can set the detail to be visible in Fine Detail level, and the mullion profile lines to be visibile only on Coarse and Medium, but in the project only the visibility of the detail component is respected, but the 3D extrusion of the mullion is always visible.

Anyone else?

thanks

Message 8 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: gsucci

The 3d extrusion and its profile are two different things.  Visibility of the profile has nothing to do with the visibility of the extrusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators