Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Pattern orientation when parts tool is used

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
529 Views, 2 Replies

Cut Pattern orientation when parts tool is used

I need help. Revit cutting pattern orientation for wall material is set to 'Orient to element' which works just fine. However, when I use the 'Create Parts' tool to create parts from the walls, the cut pattern orientation suddenly changes. Regarless of the original pattern orientation, the patterns seem to only orient to view.

Is their a way to retain the original cut pattern orientation? In a related issue, is their a way in 'In-Place families', say 'in-place-wall', to determine where cut patterns orient themselves to when cut pattern orientation is set to 'orient to element'?

I will be very grateful for any assistance.

Pattern Orientation.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JosselynReyes
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

In regards to your questions about the cut pattern orientation. Please take a look to this article Troubleshooting Cut Pattern Alignment that seems to be related to your description. 

Please let me know if this helps. 

Josselyn Reyes
Autodesk Revit Technical Support
Message 3 of 3
sva5L5J2
in reply to: JosselynReyes

Useful link but does not fix the problem ... same post was made here - https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-structure-forum/cut-patterns-for-parts/m-p/8398608 and the Autodesk support guy there acknowledges that the issue exists. As of today, Revit 2018.3 has the issue with cut patterns.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report