Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom View Title - moving head to otherside of line??

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Pshupe
2724 Views, 6 Replies

Custom View Title - moving head to otherside of line??

Good morning.  I'm having an issue with customizing a View Title.  I've modified the family but don't see where I would specify that the bubble and associated labels should be at the left side of the line as apposed to the right as in the default.  See attached image.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

I do realize I could just drag the right "drag" to the left, but I would like to have it show up to the right as the default.  I can see all the other properties of that line are adjusted under the type properties.

Regards Peter.

PS - how to you attach images inside the text box instead of as an attachment?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: Pshupe

Edit the family, turn on the reference plane visibility and move the bubble and labels, re-align the view title and scale labels to right justify as shown below:

Capture.PNG

Load it in project, place view on sheet.  Select the view, not the view title, then you can see a blue grip at the end of the line.  Drag it to the left side and.  Deselect the view, select the view title and move it where you want.

Capture1.PNGs

Message 3 of 7
Pshupe
in reply to: ToanDN

This is how every title looks when I change it to the correct type.  Is there some way that I can get the type to come in with the line already on the left side of the bubble?  I don't really want to have to pull the line with the drag for every view I create.  But if that's just the way it is, then fine but that was the question from my initial post.  Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Cheers Peter.

Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

I don't know if it's possible to have the line to the left side when you placing a view on sheet. It may be viable via API so if it is important to you, you can ask over the API forum.
Message 5 of 7
Pshupe
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks.  No it's fine if that's the way it is.  I just don't want the client to find an easy way to do this and say "hey, what were you thinking"! 😉

Cheers Peter.

Message 6 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

This is possible, but you need to create multiple types or variations of the same view title. 

You need to create first a view title family that has the bubble and the labels some predefined distance away from the origin of the view title family, and a line that is controlled with a length parameter (type parameter). Suppose that this distance is 6". If you use this view title in your project, you need to turn off the extension line parameter of the family in the project. So, what you will see is the bubble and the labels on the right, and a line to the left (the line that is in the view title family). Now, if you need different lengths of lines in the project, you need to create additional types of this view title family, each of them with a different value in the type parameter that controls the length of the line, and then you need to associate each of those view title types to its correspondent type of viewport. 

Again, it is possible, but it puts a burden on your team to create a new type of view title and correspondent type of viewport every time you need a line with a different length.

2017-01-18_15-39-48.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 7
Pshupe
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Yes, I agree this isn't really a solution.  It would be easier just to drag the line to the other side.  This would work great if your views were always a set width, like always either 4",6",8" type of thing.  Thanks for the input.

Cheers Peter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report