Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Filled Region from AutoCAD pat file - steel

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Pshupe
541 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Filled Region from AutoCAD pat file - steel

I would like to create a pattern much like the AutoCAD steel hatch pattern but instead of it being at a 45 degree angle, I would like it horizontal.  I can just rotate the AutoCAD hatch pattern to get what I want in AutoCAD. Like this - 

Pshupe_0-1683816889730.png

The pattern text file shows up like this when I open it - 

Pshupe_1-1683816954975.png

Because in AutoCAD I can change the rotation angle of the hatch pattern, it shows the 45 degree angle as default, so when I bring this into Revit it shows up with the offset lines at 45 degree angle, like this -

Pshupe_2-1683817040648.png

If I change the rotation angle in the pat text file then it does not keep the different offset between the lines and they just look like horizontal lines with the same offset.  Like this - 

Pshupe_3-1683817111081.png

Can someone let me know the changes required to make to the pattern text file to create a Revit filled region that looks the way I would like?  Again, I want to create a filled region like this - 

Pshupe_4-1683817197770.png

Thank you.

Regards Peter.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Pshupe

Use pyRevit to create your own patterns from detail lines.

Message 3 of 4
Pshupe
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks. That looks like the best. Solution. It would be nice if Autodedk would just add a rotation parameter. That would have solved two or three of my filled region issues. 

Cheers Peter. 

Message 4 of 4
Mike.FORM
in reply to: Pshupe

The issue is that the origin is always along the x/y planes but the shift and offset rotate with the angle. 

if you change the 0.5 to a 0.75 or a 1.0 and if you switch the second and third numbers in line 2 so it reads 0, 0, 0.25, 0, 0.75 (or 1.0).

Currently your 2 lines are drawing on top of each other.

Here is a visual of how the numbering works in pattern files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report