Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain wall vertical grid going wrong

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stevensonJQWEF
284 Views, 3 Replies

Curtain wall vertical grid going wrong

Dear all,

Again I have questions regarding curtain walls.

1. Regarding the “Vertical grid” of the curtain panels.  When I select none, the spaceing is irregular, with 615mm at one end, 1000mm in the middles and 985mm on the other end.     When I do fixed distance of 1000mm, it gives me the error “Can't create Curtain Wall Mullion. The grid segment for the Mullion is probably too small.”   If I select fixed number, there is no way to select the number of panels I would like (and it makes a strange irregular layout).

Between the wooden mullions there is a 3000mm x 3000mm space, so I would ideally like to have three panels of glass with a width of 1000mm each.   Is it possible to create this, and would somebody be able to explain to me how I might go about it?

1. If I were to want to change one of the glass panels to a non-glass panel, so one of the three to be a panel of solid wood.. would this be possible? And again, how might I do this?

Thank you VERY much in advance,  Nina

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: stevensonJQWEF

You can set fixed number, then select the curtain wall and enter the number in the properties.  You can tab select any panel, unpin if it is pinned, and change to a different type (for example, glass to solid).

Message 3 of 4

Thanks @ToanDN!  ... that makes a lot of sense!  However, when I do that, something strange happens to the panels.. I have attached a picture to show you.. do you know why this has happened?

If I click delete, then it becomes more chaotic :L

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: stevensonJQWEF

Select all vertical grids and pin them, or change them from Independent to Dependent fromm properties.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators