Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain panels gaps

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
spoonkim
619 Views, 10 Replies

Curtain panels gaps

Hi

I created curtain panels myself and there are gaps between the panels caused by the mullions. When I change the panels to the system panels there's no gap, and looks clean and better looking. 

How can I have the curtain panels that have no gaps??

The attached file was created in Revit 2024.

Thanks!

curtain P.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mike.FORM
in reply to: spoonkim

See attached updated project. I added some additional parameters to make the family more adjustable.

There is an outset parameter to move the panel forward as well as a left and right extension parameter to which are equal to half your mullion width.

Message 3 of 11
barthbradley

...or you could just use the panel as is and create 2 Curtain Wall Types (one for mullions and one for panels) and sandwich them together.  

CWPanel 612.png

Message 4 of 11
TripleM-Dev.net

Hi @spoonkim,

I don't have 2024 installed on current system, but if you use a profile for the Mullion and not the default rectangular mullion type (in the Mullion setting) you can control where the curtain panels are cut off.

Use the Profile-Mullion family template.

See preview below, make sure no profile line goes thruw the "Center Front/Back" reference line, with this setup the panels will extent to the gridlines of the cutainwall.

You will need to use different types for the left/right (and top/bottom) mullion, to extend the start/end panel to the end of the mullion.

MullionProfile.png

Below sample of Curtainwall with this Mullion profile, also see attached RVT file of this sample (R2020)

Sample_CW_panelCutoffposition.png

Message 5 of 11
spoonkim
in reply to: Mike.FORM

Thanks! In the family editor the width of the panels are 1240mm. After upload to the project the spacing is 1200mm but the curtain panels are not overlaping each other while the panel in the family editor is 1240mm. Why is that not overlapping??
Message 6 of 11
spoonkim
in reply to: barthbradley

Not quite sure how you did that. Could you upload the file?
Message 7 of 11
spoonkim
in reply to: TripleM-Dev.net

Thanks for your reply

If I move the mullions upwards it overlaps the panels but if I move the system mullions(below picture) the panels shrink so that there's a gap between the panels. How would you archieve that?? 

Screenshot_4.jpg

Message 8 of 11
barthbradley

@spoonkim wrote:
Not quite sure how you did that. Could you upload the file?

Two Walls.  

Panels Only.pngMullions Only.png

Message 9 of 11
spoonkim
in reply to: Mike.FORM

Thats good suggestion. Much appriciated. Thanks!
Message 10 of 11
TripleM-Dev.net

Hi @spoonkim,

Not clear what you mean with "How would you archieve that??"

Based on the first post you tried to have custom curtainpanels without gaps when using mullions correct?

Which is achieved by the the CurtainWall setup in the sample I shared, it has a custom panel and custom profile for the mullion.

Setups for various results:

1. To achieve this with custom panels also use custom profile for the mullion and don't intersect the "Center Front/Back" reference plane in the profile used for the mullion

2. When using the builtin curtain panels use the offset of the curtainpanel to place it outside the mullion and it will "close" the gap.

3. If you now need "gaps" between custom panels then use the default Rectangular profile for the mullion or change the offset in the custom profile (set in the mullion) to 0 (in my previous shared project file, the profile family type: Family3 : Family3_m -> and set the property offset to 0)

Hope this helps, sorry I can't eval your setup as I currently don't have R2024 installed.

- Michel

Message 11 of 11
spoonkim
in reply to: TripleM-Dev.net

I meant to say "achieve" 😄

I learnt alot and so much to learn more.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report