Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crop a view on sheets

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
alexandria_trimble
2801 Views, 8 Replies

Crop a view on sheets

Can I crop the view to a smaller section of the floorplan when I add a view to my sheet? I tried moving the crop region on the floorplan but that did nothing. I did crop region also when on my sheet, and it is on the selected area I want, but it still shows the rest of the floorplan. Its not cropping anything what am I doing wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

You can duplicate a view, crop it and put that view on the sheet.

Message 3 of 9

I don't understand sheets yet, if I don't have a view yet how do I duplicate it?

Message 4 of 9

you can do it while on sheet by selecting the viewport and :

• either Activate View from the Ribbon menu -1
  • or right click and choose Activate View from contextual menu -2

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 9

Views are placed on Sheets.  

Views are listed in your Project Browser.  Plan Views, Ceiling Views, Elevations, etc.  

Message 6 of 9

I place the view but I don't need the entire plan. I only want a small section. I tried crop region but nothing will actually crop. The crop region is around the section I want but everything else is still showing.

Message 7 of 9

crop.jpg

Message 8 of 9

How do I duplicate the view to a new sheet?

It says the view is already on a sheet so I can't place something from the same level on a new sheet?

Message 9 of 9

Right-Click on the View you want to Duplicate in the Project Browser and select Duplicate View. You have 3 choices: Duplicate, Duplicate as Dependent and Duplicate with Detailing.  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/EN...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report