Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating automatic wall reveal by stretching a wall

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
damian_anoep
349 Views, 5 Replies

Creating automatic wall reveal by stretching a wall

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to Revit and i'm trying to automate the wall reveals. Now I just use the array-tool to create multiple wall reveals in a wall. But is it possible to automate this? So when I stretch a wall, the wall reveals will be automatically created in a fixed distance to each other. 

Thanks in advance!

Damian

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You create the wall reveal by array then all of them in one group edit this group then strech one reveal after that close group all of them will be the same in an automatic length by one change 
Accept my answer if it helps you

Message 3 of 6

Hi, thanks for the reply. What do you mean with stretch?

I need the vertical wall reveal to automatically array when I stretch the wall horizontally.

Attached you will find a picture of my current situation and my goal. I made the goal with array manually.

Thanks

Damian

Message 4 of 6

Vertical reveals won't be squished to the stretching of the wall in horizontal stretching 

I got you now there are no work a round it

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: damian_anoep

If you really want to model those grooves - which I would NOT suggest - you could do that via a Curtain Wall.  You could model those boards as Mullion or Panels. Still, I would suggest a representing the groves via a Material Model Surface Pattern (single vertical lines spaced) - and a Material Appearance Asset (there a plenty in the Stock Asset Browser) for photorealistic look when Rendering. 

Message 6 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: damian_anoep

Boards1.png

Boards2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report