Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Parts materials keep changing when wall is interacted with

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
akinola.famutimi
1527 Views, 4 Replies

Create Parts materials keep changing when wall is interacted with

I'm using create parts on a wall to create a cladding pattern, I untick the material instances so that I can change the material to suit the desired cladding pattern. The big issue I'm finding is that patterns keep changing when the wall is being interacted with (i.e. connecting or removing connected wall or place/moving families hosted to that wall), why isn't it maintaining the pattern I changed it to? does anyone else have this issue? if so how did you get around it?

I use this method because it gives me the best of both worlds, it gives me the profile I want and also allows me to place wall base families.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Changing the Part Material as no affect on the Original Material.  

Message 3 of 5

@barthbradley Thank you for responding, but I'm not trying to change the original material. The issue is that the parts material keeps changing when the wall is being interacted with.

Message 4 of 5

can you post pictures or a screencast that describes what you are talking about?  

Message 5 of 5

Hi here's a screencast (attached)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report