Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corrupt 3d view

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mark_jenkins08
1407 Views, 8 Replies

corrupt 3d view

Hi, I've been experiencing some issues with my 3D views, they seem corrupted appearing as a mixture of wireframe and shadows,  has anyone experienced anything like this (see attachments), Id greatly appreciate hearing back

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@mark_jenkins08,

Probably a dwg link visible in the view with large coordinates/objects in it.

If there are dwg links in the model, see if turning dwg links off in the view helps, sometimes that's enough.

If not you will need to create the 3D view from scratch with dwg's turned off by default (viewtemplate attached to 3D view type).

- Michel

Message 3 of 9

Only just started out in Revit so ill need to do some research into what you've mentioned, I really appreciate a point to start from so thankyou for taking the time to respond 

Message 4 of 9
PrawiraV
in reply to: mark_jenkins08

which revit version are you using?
I have experienced similar problem before. Even when my graphic display is on Hidden Line, sometimes it shows as wireframe. I think it has something to do with computer graphic card. My workaround is to create a new 3d views

Message 5 of 9
PrawiraV
in reply to: PrawiraV

Message 6 of 9
mark_jenkins08

Message 7 of 9

not sure where to find drawing links to turn them off, would you please expand on this? I have looked at creating new 3d views but turned off the unused topic in the view template this has made no change to the view, are there any other parameters that I could consider? Thanks in advance
Mark
Message 8 of 9
mark_jenkins08

It's a good workaround, but I'm trying to use the crop box to make alterations. I thought it might be something to do with my graphics card but have no idea where to start. I also didn't want to upgrade it if it wasn't the card I have

Unfortunately my IT skills are less than brilliant

Message 9 of 9

It was the DWG imported map, I found a really good article on YouTube entitled "Default 3D view settings" (published by Breaking Revit) I simply followed the steps and (turned off the drawings) under Imported categories in the visibility graphics settings.
Again thank you for pointing me in the right direction, problem solved my 3D view is as should be
kind regards Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report