Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Object with key of Key Schedule, copies whole Key schedule!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1504 Views, 12 Replies

Copy Object with key of Key Schedule, copies whole Key schedule!

We have a Revit file with all our families (library). In this File we made key schedules for columns, walls, windows etc...

Now for examle i hava a column with the key "Column1" with all the parameters we created.

When I copy this column with the Specific key "Column1" into another Project, it copies the whole key schedule with 128 keys into the new Project.

Does anybody know how to prevent this, or how to Purge the unused Keys?

I dont want my Users to play around in my key scedules, they only should work with copy n paste out of our library.

AND another Problem.

When a user changed something in a key schedule how can I update/overwrite it with the key schedule out of my Library?

Copy and Pasting just deletes my parameters of the pasted schedule but keeps the original (wrong) one in the Project!

Isn't there something like "Overwrite existing" like loading Families??

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried the Purge command?

If you are referring to keynoting....Key schedules/noting work off of a single text file.  You can edit the file to include only the data you want.  You can try to set it as read-only so no one can modify it.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

Hello dzanta,

thanks for your reply!

I've never seen a schedule category in the Purge command, did you?

I made a screencast for better understanding my problem.

Could you tell me where i can find the text file? 

Message 4 of 13
dzanta

can you attach your screencast video so I can better understand the issue to resolve.  Thanks.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Oh, I thougt i did.... Here it is!

Message 6 of 13
dzanta

Unfortunately, there is no sound so it is hard for me to understand the logic completely.  I am using Revit (English - US) version so am having difficulty following your steps.  Can you do attach sound to the screencast or recreate it with sound?  Thanks.

Also, send me the files so I can duplicate your error.  I am in Revit 2016 versions.  Thanks.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Now everything from scratch and with sound

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Now everything from scratch and with sound

Message 9 of 13
dzanta

I tried to recreate the error on my end with new files.  I cannot get it to do show your error.

The only thing I can see is that you created a schedule key in one file and a schedule in another....did you create a schedule key and schedule in both files?  When I created two new projects with key schedules and schedules that use the key schedule, it works as designed.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks dzanta!

i think its to hot here in the office my brain is cooking Smiley Wink

Problem 1:

I created the KEY schedule only in the Library file!! In the Props of one wall I changed the wall key to "Wall type 1"

(It is important to have more than one key to understand the problem.)

Then you copy this one wall to the Clipboard.

As soon as you paste this wall into a new (empty) project it pastes ALSO the whole Key schedule in this new project.

Imagine you have 128 Keys in your key schedule in the Library file, and you copy only one object, with one key into another project.

Would you like to Have all 128 keys in the new one, or only ONE?

Sure its only one!

Problem 2:

For example:

Hypotheticly some dumb user changed accidentaly the key schedule for Rooms and put Tiles in Offices. And now all my quantities are WRONG!

How can i RESET this Room Key Schedule in to my original Key schedule?

Copy n' paste the original schedule out of my Template or library file does not work, transfer project standards also not working.

For example when some one changes a family and you load the original one into a project you have the posibility to overwrite existing.

I need the same for key schedules!

Message 11 of 13
dzanta

I started from scratch again....

when i copy/paste a wall I made with parameter 1 and parameter 2 and key schedule in a revit file called library.rvt into a new default Architecture project, the key schedule does not copy across as in your video example.

Is your default template file modified somehow to already have a key schedule?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

UUh Scary!!

in this example I used the default german template

Message 13 of 13
simona_vicol

I have the exact same questions (5 years after OP) - any solutions for this?

Looking to achieve the same things:

- to be able to control a key schedule in one file (template) and update other files to match.

- to be able to purge unused keys in a project file, once those keys are created by copying an element from a template file into the project file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report