Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/ monitor- only able to copy one item at a time

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mmcintosh-ral
562 Views, 4 Replies

copy/ monitor- only able to copy one item at a time

Hi,

When I try to copy monitor 9 gridlines at once from a linked structural file, the items are not copied into my model.

• in this case, I've tried two methods:
    • option 1, I open copy monitor, select the link, and sequentially select each gridline, then click the green check mark.
    • option 2, I select everything using a window, and then filter for the gridlines.
    • neither option 1 nor option 2 copy any items into my model

I am able to copy each gridline individually.

• This requires restarting the copy monitor command each time
    • (open copy monitor, select link, select one line, click green check mark, gridline is copied into my model).

Is there a way to copy multiple items at a time using copy monitor?

Thanks,

Michele

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: mmcintosh-ral

You have to click Finish selection first, then Finish Copy Monitor.  See screencast in a few minutes.

Message 3 of 5
mmcintosh-ral
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks ToanDN-

That video helped a lot.

I was getting confused by the two different buttons called "finish".

Dear Autodesk:

Please consider giving steps/buttons in any given process individual unique names, so that written directions might be more clear for new users.

In the example of the Copy/Monitor process, one change in the user interface that would have helped me:

• Use unique names for different steps in the process
    • use "complete selection" (or some other unique name) instead of the current "finish" button
    • only call the green check mark button "finish" if there are no other steps in the process also called finish

Thanks,

Michele

Message 4 of 5

I agree with that. It's one of some frustrating things that the experts in user experience should consider fixing, such as others,... The Front view of the adaptive template is still called Back, and vice versa,...Also, I still have to check if spot slope will work on ramps in the upcoming version; I have been checking that in every version. Nobody seems to care about little details that matter, things that should not remain unattended for more than one or two versions. Just my opinion as a user.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5

Hi Alfredo,

I just wanted to give you a big Thank You! for a number of your posts on this site and maybe others.

I'm a late adopter of Revit, and a lurker on this discussion board. There's so much information available from earlier conversations on this board, and others, that I'm usually able to find an answer without asking a question myself.

Most of the easily understandable information I've found on how to use Revit efficiently has come from you and other experienced users figuring out together how to most effectively use the software. I am grateful to have access to your conversations through this discussion board.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Michele

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators