Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Monitor not reporting changes

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
760 Views, 14 Replies

Copy Monitor not reporting changes

We are using copy / monitor in one of our files for grids. Nothing too special, the grid file is linked, the grids copy / monitored and all good.

What I found today was that some thing has happened, for some reason some of the CM grids now no longer line up with the linked grid file, the grids are still copy / monitored but no "coordination" warning has been shown / triggered.

Initially I thought the linked file had been moved but the differences between the CM grids and linked file are not consistent, some are 5mm, some 25mm up 50mm discrepancy and all random.

Any ideas why no warning of coordination review has been triggered?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

How far is your project from the Origin point?

Message 3 of 15
hossamnet0semo

Perhaps someone may have selected "Accept difference" on grid positions. Try reloading the linked file.
Message 4 of 15
sdcartmell

We are also having this issue. A couple of copy-monitored grid lines from the structural model were moved by several inches or even a couple feet in the structural model and they did not trigger a “Instance of Link Needs Coordination Review” warning in the architectural model. The Coordination Review dialog is blank as well. Our model is close to the internal origin point/project base point/survey point (same with the linked models). No one on the architectural team selected "accept difference." Tried reloading the Structural model, still no warning. I'm not finding much about this issue online. These are cloud models (the ACC variety).

Message 5 of 15
SteveKStafford

What does Coordination Review report when you select the link and check yourself?

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 6 of 15
sdcartmell
in reply to: SteveKStafford

The Coordination Review report is empty.
Message 7 of 15
SteveKStafford
in reply to: sdcartmell

When you select the Grid in your model does the icon appear to indicate that it is being monitored still?

Steve Stafford
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 8 of 15
sdcartmell

Yes. And attempting to establish a monitor between the architectural and structural grid pairs results in a warning stating that they are already monitored.
Message 9 of 15
SteveKStafford

Did you see the question from @ToanDN ?

I'd Stop Monitoring for everything and fix the grid alignment and then start monitoring again and see what happens when a grid is altered...if it happens again.

Steve Stafford
EESignature

Message 10 of 15
handjonathan

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Have the solutions suggested by @SteveKStafford @ToanDN helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 11 of 15
sdcartmell

Yes.

I have advised the architectural team to stop and restart monitoring like you have suggested.
Message 12 of 15
sdcartmell
in reply to: handjonathan

Hi @handjonathan

I'm not sure if you are writing to me or @Anonymous but no the suggestions haven't really helped the issue per se. I thank both @SteveKStafford and @ToanDN for asking those troubleshooting questions though. The original poster's question and mine arose from a largely undocumented error where copy-monitored grid lines do not move when the monitored grid moves. Thankfully, this seems to be a rare issue, judging by the lack of topics about it on the forums. We have opted to go forward with @SteveKStafford 's suggestion of un-monitoring and then re-monitoring to see if that resolves the issue. I will try to remember to post here again if there are any updates.
Message 13 of 15
RSomppi

@sdcartmell wrote:
The original poster's question and mine arose from a largely undocumented error where copy-monitored grid lines do not move when the monitored grid moves. 

They won't move without doing a coordination review.

Message 14 of 15
sdcartmell
in reply to: RSomppi

Please read my first post.
Message 15 of 15
RSomppi

I read it and my comment is correct.

Maybe somebody already addressed the alert that you get when monitored elements get moved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report