Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting PDF file to REVIT file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sukhadagonur
185 Views, 3 Replies

Converting PDF file to REVIT file

Is there anyway we can convert PDF file to REVIT file and continue working on that ? 
please someone help me with this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: sukhadagonur

You link a PDF to the background of your view and trace it to model the building. 

PDF is only 2D, and there isn't a way for Revit to know what is a wall or window. Maybe some future AI can do that.... until then it is manual modeling.

Edit: and I like to re-emphasize to LINK and NOT import into the Revit whatever you can. If you import, it takes more space and brings in all the line types and stuff (for CAD). Especially for temporary data (i.e. an existing building PDF I build the existing model from) doesn't need to be imported and can be removed once the existing model is build. 

The only things I may import are items that will be part of the final bid or construction packages (i.e. images). A PDF or dwg from an existing building would be temporary and linked. 

YMMV.

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 3 of 4
barthbradley

Convert PDF to DWG, cleanup, save, Import this DWG into Revit Family and Explode (cleanup will be required) to Revit Elements.  Or Insert into Revit and trace DWG linework instead of Exploding.  Or don't Explode or trace at all and leave the DWG intact and control its display via View VGOs.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-convert-a-P...

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN

Import PDF in AutoCAD, save as DWG, link DWG in Revit and use it as the background to model upon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators