Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete Column Hatch Changes TO CMU Wall Hatch

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Wotdat
2195 Views, 11 Replies

Concrete Column Hatch Changes TO CMU Wall Hatch

Hi,
I have a concrete column That I created on one side and a cmu wall on the other side unattached to each other. The problem is when I move the column to the wall, the column's hatch pattern changes to match the cmu wall hatch pattern. Is there a setting I can click to prevent this from happening ?

Thanks in advance
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Wotdat

Try unjoin geometry.

--
From;
Edward Borg
Precision Drafting LLC
Http://Precisiondraftingllc.com
Message 3 of 12
Wotdat

cadkiller,
Thanks for your reply. It helped, But now I have a joint problem. I should have mentioned initially that the column and wall are attached at the back of the column with a 45 degree angle so the end of the wall is notched to form the corner of the column. Right now when I unjoin as per your reply, the wall is shown inside the column with the wall hatch. however, the column hatch is fine now. Any other thing I should click ?
Thanks again
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I'm not completely understanding the condition.
Can you post an image?

Can you stop the walls where they butt up against the column's face?

--
From;
Edward Borg
Precision Drafting LLC
Http://Precisiondraftingllc.com
Message 5 of 12
Wotdat

Image posted.

Please respond if unable to view image
Thanks
Message 6 of 12
christalsma

What happens when you change your detail level, i.e., from course to medium?
Message 7 of 12
Wotdat

Nothing happens. It just remains the same for Fine detail level also.
Course detail level makes hatch patterns Off.
Thanks
Message 8 of 12
chiragdedhia

Can you confirm which type of Column are u using? is it the one from the Modelling Tab or the one from the Structural Tab of the Design Bar?
Message 9 of 12
chiragdedhia

Check out the image attached. The top one is made with the Structural Column and the bottom one is made with the Modelling Column. They both behave differently.
Message 10 of 12
Wotdat

I was using the one in the Modeling Design Bar.
I thought Revit would treat both as COLUMN as they both are identified. I could'nt even figure out where to find rectangular column under Structural Design Bar. All I can find are steel I-Shaped columns, Beams, etc. Would you be able to lift me out of this hole and reveal how you did it. It's exactly what I was trying to accomplish.
Thanks
Message 11 of 12
chiragdedhia

It took each one of us, some time to understand why and how they work. So its pretty normal 🙂
Basically there are two types of columns in the Library. 1 is under Library > Columns and the other is under Library > Structural > Columns. Use the second one! That should do fine!
Message 12 of 12
Wotdat

Hi all,
I just liked to thank all you really nice folks for your input.
It has been enjoyable reading your posts. BUT PLEASE DO CONTINUE posting if you would like to share more of your knowledge.
Thank you all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report