Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component with box

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
978 Views, 7 Replies

component with box

hallo I get a component, but it looked that the component is in the box, like the picture below

ask2.png

anybody know what is it? is it can be removed, how?

btw, do you know where I can get more revit families?

thanks before

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
HermanSolomon
in reply to: Anonymous

From your image it seems like the clearance space for your unit. You should be able to deselect a "Clearance" checkbox in your properties panel. That will turn the clearance visibility off. 

For manufacturer Revit families, you can go to seek.autodesk.com, or first prize: go to the manufacturer website and either download/request their Revit families

http://revitrecess.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 8
chrisplyler

If it is just a recommended clearance space indicator, you may be able to turn it off in the element's instance parameters, or in its type parameters. If you don't find anything that hides the box in those two areas, go into the visibility graphics for the view, open the tree for mechanical equipment (I assume) and see if there is an appropriate subcategory controlling its visibility.

If none of those three things solves your problem, you will have to Edit Family to see what's going on.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

OK chrisplyler and herman, thank you......

But, what is the function of that sign?What impact if I check/uncheck clearance?

Message 5 of 8
HermanSolomon

Hi dhi,

Typically the clearance spaces are to indicate that no piping/ducting/services should be located within the boundaries of the "box". This can be due to service panels opening swings that might clash with services or just for maintenance purposes. The impact of clicking on the tickbox will just be to show/hide the clearance space. It should not affect anything else (I can only assume because we don;t have access to the family itself to verify)

http://revitrecess.blogspot.com/
Message 6 of 8
chrisplyler

Equipment manufacturers often have clearance space requirements for their products. Reasons may include physical door swing or panel opening space, recommended access space, code required access space, thermal dissipation space, airflow space, etc.

For example, electrical distribution panels are required by code (N.E.C.) to have working clearance in front of them, extending some code-required width, height, and depth. Nothing is allowed to be in that space. Some people might like to build their families so that when they place them into a model, there is an indication of that space. This is for coordination purposes just to make sure they don't design something that's not code compliant or against manufacturers' reccommendations. There should be no harm in turning off the visibility of such items, and in fact you'll likely want to before you get everything all finished and ready for printing.

It would be nice if people stuck to the convention of using a subcategory for those clearance space items, so that we could turn them all off at once with a single change in the Object Styles manager. But not everyone does it that way, so check the other ways described.

Message 8 of 8
leila_zare_864

I also have a problem like this but cannot solve it. I want to remove the box. Please help me and show me an image of how can I solve it. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report