Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMPONENT MATERIAL

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LanggamanXavierMassed
379 Views, 5 Replies

COMPONENT MATERIAL

hello! I created a sliding door, I loaded it on my project and there was no assigned material. I tried to edit it and loaded it to project but does not "overwrite" material assigned since I thought you can't update a material so I tried to close the project for a mean time, restart revit and open the component(.RFA), to re-edit and RENAME IT. now I tried to open the project and despite choosing the newly saved component with assigned (object style and material parameter) material, the door still is gray, how is this happening? can someone explain this THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU RESPOND, Please I really need some help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bin
Advisor
in reply to: LanggamanXavierMassed

Did you link the material parameter to the door geometry?

Message 3 of 6

Associate the elements' "Material" Parameter (under the elements' Properties) to named Material Parameters in the Family. Then in the Project, you can assign Project Materials to those Family Material Parameters.  Get it?  

mp.png

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: barthbradley

Assigning Project Material to Family.png

Message 5 of 6

thanks, woah you're so great at this

Message 6 of 6

You're welcome and thanks. So, are you rocking and rolling now?  If so, mark the solution that rocked and rolled you.  

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report