Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour fill missing in one veiw but not others

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
802 Views, 3 Replies

Colour fill missing in one veiw but not others

Hello

So I gave my coworker access to a model I've been working on so he could add in some pieces he was working on. When I reopened the drawing the colour fill in one of my views that OF COURSE I was using as the base for lots of dependent views for over a dozen sheets was gone. However its not gone from any other views. So naturally I tried going into properties and applying the colour scheme (a simple department one) it says its applied. I tried checking the view range in case he had changed that, nope.  I went like for like with one of the views where the colour scheme works and every single setting is the same.

This isn't the first time I've had something unexplainable go wrong after he opens the model. Hes working on Revit LT while I'm currently on a full licence, could that be the issue? Also any suggestions for how to reapply my colour scheme would be helpful though I'm hopeful a full rest might help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

1. Did you check the Phase? Is it the right phase (rooms were created in)
  2. Is color fill checked in visibility graphics??

RDAOU_0-1634037479890.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU 

Yes it is in the correct phase and yes colourfil is checked in visibility graphics. I also have changed both of these and then changed them back to what is working in the other views to see if that works. Same with view range, colour scheme, colour scheme location ect.

What has weirdly just worked is I found an old Balkan Architect tutorial on youtube recommending to turn down the transparency of the floor, which didn't work, but when I put the transparency back to 0 which it had been moments before the colour fill reappeared!

All very strange but sorted! Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

It might have been a graphic glitch...However, in such case what would work is creating a view template from a working view and applying it to the current view in which the color fill is not showing

If the above doesn't fix it, then the rooms and the scheme is most likely hidden under a masking element or a room bounding floor slab with a background pattern in case of different Structural and finishing levels....See GIF below

Color scheme.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators