Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collided elements disappear when are connected

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
194 Views, 1 Reply

Collided elements disappear when are connected

Hi Everyone,

I've started working with Revit not long time ago and I found a problem with disappearing structural elements that I can't solve in any way.

I was provided with a ready model of a building consisting of structural elements, groundworks, facade etc. My task is to resolve collisions between elements in this model.

The problem is as follows - when I click on the collision in the collision report it highlights the faulty elements in the model however, when I want to connect them to fix the collision one or both elements disappear compeletly. When I'm hovering mouse over the element it is shown again usually with dashed and solid lines in some kind of a box and then disappears again. I am not sure if it plays any role but this problem appears only in facade elements.

Is there any function to switch these elements permanently on in order to fix collisions or is it some special method used while setting up a model and thus irreversible at a later stage?

I would be grateful for your help.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

Where is this collision report that you mention? Are you referring to Interference Check or another feature in another program?

My other question is: since this model was modeled by other people, do you have to fix it? or is it possible that you send the report back to the authors of the models so that they fix the problems and resubmit the model to you?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report