Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular curtain wall

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
agata.kujda
288 Views, 8 Replies

Circular curtain wall

Hello! 

I'm hoping to get some help. I used a curtail wall in circular shaped.  It is devided in 4 sections: curtain wall panel, glass panel, reception curtain wall panel and wall panel.

agatakujda_0-1639413265899.png

I did it in order to connecte easier curtain wall with floors. Wall panel in blue here:

agatakujda_1-1639413441994.png

However thi wall tak a cilcular shape instead of folowing the pannels.

agatakujda_2-1639413526521.png

Do you have any ideas how to made it streight?

Thanks !

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
RDAOU
in reply to: agata.kujda

@agata.kujda 

Use a curtain wall and change panels to basic wall (no mullions) and the upstand below your glass curtain wall will be segmented accordingly 

You can either

1. use the same curtain wall (ie: add a horizontal grid >> delete mullions and change panel
  2. Or use 2 stacked curtain walls 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 9
barthbradley

Maybe Curtain Wall is not the best approach here.  Maybe making the curved Glass as a Basic Wall Type and the using 3D curved Beams for Mullions would get you a more aesthetically pleasing look?  

Message 4 of 9
agata.kujda
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks for your answear . I have plenty of cutains walls on 4 levels so I was serching for a solution that alows me to keep all elements together. I tried already seperating curtain wall and the wall base but it means tracing inclination of every single panel.
Solution 1 is what you can see above but instead of panel there is a wall (this is a part of curtain wall). I don't want to use panel doesn't connecte with floor so I can't cut them.
Message 5 of 9
agata.kujda

I dont know if I expleined my problem well here. What I am looking for is how to make a wall to follow  the panels (which means no to curved like it is now)

Wall in blue 1. and panel 2

agatakujda_1-1639469464849.png

agatakujda_2-1639469572717.png

Message 6 of 9
agata.kujda
in reply to: barthbradley

Hello thanks for an idea, but for an execution project it will not work. 

Message 7 of 9
RDAOU

@agata.kujda 

1. Offset the Curtain wall from base >> Add a Basic Wall below >>> Use Inscribed Polygon
    • Wall Curtain.gif
  2. Alternative...instead of wall use Either a Custom Panel or a Mullion with concrete Finish 
    • Wall Curtain1.gif
  3. Or if you are adventurous, you can use dynamo to place walls aligned to the Panels

2022 file attached

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 8 of 9
agata.kujda

Hello. Thanks for your message and awsome videos!❤️

Syteme panels do not allow unfortunetly multiply layers as I need. It would work perfectly with simple concrete wall. 

I just have to accepte some limitations of Revit and go for normal wall tool propably.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Message 9 of 9
RDAOU

@agata.kujda 

It is not a system panel...It is a custom panel and you can add to it as many layers as you wish

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators