Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing default "Offset from path" in stair family

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mcobb
485 Views, 5 Replies

Changing default "Offset from path" in stair family

I am trying to dial in my project template. For some reason my handrail "offset from path" instance parameter always starts out with a value of 1" instead of 0" for my typical stair family. Can anyone explain how I can make its default value simply 0".

Regards,

Mike
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: mcobb

Sketching another rail with no offset doesn't do it?  Or are you saying you cannot change the offset period?    

...you also need to save the setting to the RTE. FWIW.    

Message 3 of 6
mcobb

When I draw a sketch based stair, the default instance value for the path offset is 1" not 0". I dont' really understand why this is, but I've seen other people in the forum mention this weirdness. I can certainly simply type 0" as the value into the instance parameter each time I draw a stair but I've been doing this for several years and I'm just getting kind of sick of this bit of tedium. I'm probably missing some other setting somewhere that has resulted in this behavior in my particular file? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Mike
Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

Sorry Michael. I misread you.  You're referring to the Stair Default Rail offset.  I suspect it's a Revit INI File default. If so, it could be changed in the INI file.   

Message 5 of 6
syman2000

For your project template, did you upgrade from older version or start from scratch? I notice if you upgrade template from older version, it may cause some quirkiness. Majority people recommend create project template from scratch with every new release that way you avoid this hiccup.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 6 of 6
barthbradley

FWIW - nothing in the INI File.  The 1" appears to be hard-coded.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report