Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change view to read "Not to Scale"

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
vanderloo5
18380 Views, 17 Replies

Change view to read "Not to Scale"

I'm using an inserted image from google as a detail and want the view scale to read "Not to Scale"

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: vanderloo5

Open the list of scales for the view. Select Custom... > Display name > type "NOT TO SCALE".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 18

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hi Guys,

My viewtitle doesn't goes back to the previous scale. It is not satisfied with "NOT TO SCALE". Is there a way I can edit the system family?

Message 5 of 18
jason.quarry

It appears that it doesn't work anymore. See the attached image.

Using Revit 2018 for this older job....

Message 6 of 18
RobDraw
in reply to: jason.quarry

See your other post about the same issue.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 18
ToanDN
in reply to: jason.quarry

@jason.quarry wrote:

It appears that it doesn't work anymore. See the attached image.

Using Revit 2018 for this older job....

Scale does not show for 3D views.

Message 8 of 18
jason.quarry
in reply to: ToanDN

Ya I just figured out that was what my issue stands from. Thanks.

Message 9 of 18
RobDraw
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

Scale does not show for 3D views.

Good catch, @ToanDN.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 10 of 18
mroble
in reply to: RobDraw

I've had no problem creating a custom scale that was 1:1, but the Display name was "NTS"...

What I'm trying to do, and having a hard time doing is applying this custom scale to a Drafting View view template. So I don't have to do this for every one.

Am I missing something?

Even if I set it to Custom in the view template, apply, and OK my way back to my view, it doesn't do anything. I go back into my view template, and it's back to 12"=1'-0"

Message 11 of 18
Sahay_R
in reply to: mroble

Edit the View Title Family. Give the Scale label a visibility parameter. Place a piece of 'dumb' text (or an instance parameter driven text label) over the Scale label, give it visibility parameters. Create a type with the Scale label hidden and the text label visible. Not the most elegant solution, but it will work. Live happily ever after.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 12 of 18
mroble
in reply to: Sahay_R

This doesn't seem like a means that'll place "NTS" in my titleblock though.

It works if I do the Custom and set a 1:1 scale with a display text of "NTS", but I can't apply this work to the template. No offense, but what you're describing seems like a work-around that'll not give me the carry-through to the titleblock. For that much work, I can just as easily make one Drafting View, do that NTS work, then relegate myself to NOT creating a Drafting View from scratch anymore, but "Duplicate with Detailing" over and over as needed. That "NTS" works holds up with that workflow. I just wanted to verify that I could or could not rely on the template to do this work.

Message 13 of 18
Sahay_R

A solution was asked for, a solution was provided.

It's for you to pick and choose which one suits the required purpose.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 14 of 18
mroble
in reply to: Sahay_R

@Sahay_R

I don't mean to offend at all.

But does your solution result in the "NTS" carrying through into the titleblock?

Message 15 of 18
chrisplyler

One possible solution is just to create a separate title block with the Scale label removed and replaced with the text NTS. Then choose the title block / sheet that you want as is appropriate.

I personally don't understand why people want a scale listed in the title block anyway. There's one in each view title, which may all be different on a given sheet, so what good is the one in the title block?

Message 16 of 18
mroble

@chrisplyler

"I personally don't understand why people want a scale listed in the title block anyway. There's one in each view title, which may all be different on a given sheet, so what good is the one in the title block?"

I tend to agree.. one place or the other, you know?

I think it boils down to whatever company standards are.

More often than not though, I've seen people omit having a View Title completely for the opposite reason...

You already have the title in the titleblock, and a scale in there. Those folks only use view titles with scales when you have several sections and/or enlarged plans due to several different scales being used on that sheet.

As for my situation, I'm finding the most seamless way to do it is to create the first drafting view, apply the template, make the NTS scale and stuff, then create more view by "duplicate with detailing", and that works like a charm.

I just wanted to get the template to handle it and not have to tell everyone that you need to, essentially, "save as" over and over making each drafting view. And even worst tell them to NOT create new.

I'm thinking someone (not knowing) goes and creates 15 views, all saying 12"=1'-0", I'd like to be able to grab all 15 in Project Browser and apply the template in one shot, boom fixed.

Instead, it's currently "Add Custom...... 1:1, .....Display "NTS", ok, now do this 14 more times....

Message 17 of 18
ethannavah
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

HEY! TRIED DOING YOUR SOLUTION, BUT DOES'NT WORK BY ME. WHEN I SELECT "CUSTOM" FROM THE VIEW SCALE LIST, IT JUMPS RIGHT A WAY BACK TO A NUMBER SCALE.

PLS ADVISE

THANKS 

ETHAN

Message 18 of 18

Capture.PNG

Not from Properties, but by activating a view, do the same step as mentioned from this bottom scale. You will achieve the result.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report