Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change object type in array

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2613 Views, 7 Replies

Change object type in array

Hi, I'm new to Revit so apologies if this is something obvious, I've scoured the Help section and the forums to no avail. I created an array of windows but afterwards decided to use a different window type (higher, but same width so it would not affect spacing). I can select all objects in the array but this does not enable me to change type (as they are no longer "windows" but "Model Group"). I can select all, ungroup and then change type, but then I no longer have an array. I was wondering if there is a way to change type of array elements without having to ungroup them? It's not an issue since I can work around this, but it would be useful to know. Many thanks in advance for your input.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

It can be done, absolutely. We have many family that have arrays of elements that are controlled by Family Types parameters.  Whether or not you can, would depend on your particular arrayed element.  But, it sounds like you would be better off re-building the array with the different element you want.   If you want to post the files  we might have another suggestion for you.  

Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

Edit one instance of the array groups, select the window and change to a different type, save the group then the entire array will update.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

It doesn't seem possible. When I click on one of the elements in the array, its properties display as "Model Group - Array Group 1" and it cannot be changed to anything else:

array_1.PNGI can only change the type of an element if I ungroup it from the array, but then it's no longer part of the array and the rest of the elements don't react to it changing.

I don't think there is much use posting the model, I am using generic Revit window types, I created a long wall, placed a window (type: Windows_Sgl_Plain 910x910mm), created an array of 23 windows from it and then wanted to change them all to Windows_Sgl_Plain 910x1210mm.

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN

Use Edit Group button on the Ribbon when you select the group.
Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

Are you in EDITING mode?  

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Ahhh I worked it out. After going into Edit mode, you have to select the element AGAIN. So simple... Thanks for the hints gentlemen.

Message 8 of 8
VAdamskyi

select the element and do the ungroup on rebon 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report