Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chain link fabric gate family

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
linkboy
1132 Views, 12 Replies

Chain link fabric gate family

I have a gate with chain link fabric. Gate is a family. But I can't get anything inside the family environment to represent the transparent chain link(arrow pointed) in shade mode or hidden line mode. For now the chain link is a view specific override. Thanks for look up.

Capture.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
syman2000
in reply to: linkboy

Have you check out the material and type in the word chain?

syman2000_0-1637078619874.png

syman2000_0-1637078698851.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 13
barthbradley

Like this?

Gate3.pngGate4.png

No Transparency:

Gate5.png

Message 4 of 13
linkboy
in reply to: syman2000

This is nice in realistic mode. I try to use it for CD as part of the elevation. Elevation is hidden line mode or shaded mode. Unless I miss something here, the chain link material wont show transparent in either hidden line mode or shaded mode. Below is the image I applied fence material to a extrusion block in the door family. One shows "correctly" as see-thru one is blocked. 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 13
barthbradley

Did you see my post?  

Message 6 of 13
linkboy
in reply to: barthbradley

Adjustment is view specific. Other people working on their view happen to have the gate, unless they overwrite the element property. The gate is going to be block component behind. If this can be incorporated into one family, no special setting /tweak needed for view specific.

Message 7 of 13
barthbradley

Creating a Rule-Based Filter and adding it to the View is not an option? 

Chain Link 11.png

Chain Link 12.png

...the other option would be to MODEL the Chain Link.  Yes, I know: seriously ridiculous.   

Message 8 of 13
ToanDN

Create a view filter for it.

ToanDN_0-1637094426296.png

or use a 3D elevation instead.

ToanDN_0-1637094750439.png

Message 9 of 13
linkboy
in reply to: barthbradley

yes, I saw your response.  Thanks ! Adjustment made for element is view specific. Looking for something can be done in family level, so no need making change for each view.

Message 10 of 13
barthbradley

@linkboy wrote:

yes, I saw your response.  Thanks ! Adjustment made for element is view specific. Looking for something can be done in family level, so no need making change for each view.

Model it then. Maybe with a Curtain Wall.  

Message 11 of 13
linkboy
in reply to: ToanDN

I tried that. Only issue is I have to send message to other team members (they are off-site) to ask them load filter and apply it. if they forgot to do it, their view is getting something blocked. thanks for chip in.

Capture.PNG

Message 12 of 13
ToanDN

@linkboy wrote:

I tried that. Only issue is I have to send message to other team members (they are off-site) to ask them load filter and apply it. if they forgot to do it, their view is getting something blocked. thanks for chip in.

Add the filter to all elevation/section view templates.  

Message 13 of 13
syman2000

If you want to built into the family, you may want add a shared family nested into the gate.

syman2000_0-1637096131318.png

There in the filter, you can set the family to display as transparent

syman2000_1-1637096231795.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report