Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Revit Model Too Slow Due to 10 Revit Links

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1297 Views, 5 Replies

Central Revit Model Too Slow Due to 10 Revit Links

Hi Everyone,

I am having problems on our revit model central file. I inherited a project from former coworkers who setup the central model with 10 revit links. The central model and the 10 revit links are all under BIM 360 Document Management. It's a housing project and the 10 links are each residential unit type. Once I revised something on the revit link and then reload to the central model, it's really slow. Navigating, zooming on the central model is really. really slow and it's driving me nuts. The project is already on a 95% CD so it's too late to re-setup everything.

One of my coworker said that workset might help so I tried adding in a workset for the revit links. But for some reason, I can't see the workset that I added under "Manage Workset". Is there a reason for that? There are a lot of revisions that I need to do on the central model but I can't work fast because it's too slow. Did anyone encountered this problem? 

Another coworker was suggesting maybe because the revit link are all on the cloud? Can anyone help me? I wasted most of my whole day trying to find solution to my problem. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Marilou Denum

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How much RAM do you have on your workstation?  The Primary model with 10 links may be taking a toll on your available RAM.

Check out this thread: https://www.revitforum.org/hardware-infrastructure/10782-revit-ram-calculator.html

Message 3 of 6
karibal

You need to reduce the file size of your revit project. Do you need all that 10 links when working? If not, remove the links that you don't need. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: karibal

Unfortunately, I need it all because it's the residential units. and it has to show on our sheets. If I will remove it while working and then when I reload it, the dimensions, keynotes and tags might get deleted again which is a pain.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

The RAM is 15.9 GB.

Message 6 of 6
ennujozlagam

you can try unload links for each user's when working in their local file.

At least you need 64gb ram for this huge project. thanks

linkq.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report