Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open the Revit software - student version

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
582 Views, 11 Replies

Cannot open the Revit software - student version

I can´t open the revit software anymore. All the time there is an error massage. The second user on my computer is able to open the software. The cancellation is so fast, I don´t even know the reason of the fault.

I don´t know what to do. There is no technical support for students. How is this possible?

Please help me.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like a problem with your profile. Your instructor (or whoever set-up your profile) should be able to assist with this.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 12
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I see that you are a new visitor. Welcome to the Autodesk community! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing issues. 

Which version of Revit are you using?

Can you try a repair of Revit and let me know if this helps?

Regards,

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Hello you two,

I already tried to repair the software. The problem is still there. I also installed the hole software again. But the problem isn´t solved either.

I use the 2018.3 version of revit. So I also tried the update. And I installed the software by myself, so there is no one to help me.

I really don´t know what to do.

Message 5 of 12
RobDraw

Once again, I think this is a profile issue. There should be someone available that sets up the user profiles. Maybe the software needs to be installed as an administrator.

Rob

Message 6 of 12
Viveka_CD
in reply to: RobDraw

Hi @Anonymous

Can you repost on the installation forum or contact support for activating your product? 

Regards,

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hello Viveka,

in germany there is no technical support for student license. So I posted my problem on the other forum and I hope someone can help me.

And I am the admin of my computer. And the other user not, so the second user don´t have more rights.

Regards,

Alida

Message 8 of 12
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

And I am the admin of my computer. And the other user not, so the second user don´t have more rights.

If one user works and the other (admin) doesn't, what is different about the profiles?

What happens if you create a new user profile?

Rob

Message 9 of 12
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Can you try creating a new profile and see if it resolves the issue?

Please follow these steps below:

Here's how to create another account on your PC 

• Note: To help keep your personal data and info more secure, we recommend adding a password when creating a local account.
  • On Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Professional editions:
    • Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next. Note: If you’re using Windows 10, version 1803, you can add security questions—instead of a hint—to your local account to help you reset your password in case you forget it. Check your version of Windows 10

• On Windows 10 Enterprise edition:
    • Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, and at the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select NextNote: If you’re using Windows 10, version 1803, you can add security questions—instead of a hint—to your local account to help you reset your password in case you forget it. Check your version of Windows 10

• To make the new account an administrator account, select Start  > Settings  > Account  > Family & other people (or Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise), and select Change account type. Under Account type, select Administrator > OK. Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account. 
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Actually, this was also my idea and I think this is my only option. And this is working.

Thanks for your help.

Message 11 of 12
Viveka_CD

@Anonymous Good to hear. Thanks for letting us know!

Please let us know if you have additional questions!

Happy to help Smiley Happy

Regards,

Message 12 of 12
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report