Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load integers from lookup table into revit family

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
5540 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot load integers from lookup table into revit family

Hi,

This issue is causing me a lot of headaches, especially because I've never had this problem in the past. For some obscure reason I'm unable to import integers from my .csv file into revit family, even though the colom head is designated correctly as noh##other##. I keep on getting the "inconsistent units" error message, even though for the life of me I cannot locate this so-called inconsistency.

I'm asking any and all experienced eyes to help me troubleshoot this. It might be something very obvious, or something deeply technical. I've attached the error screenshot, family and .csv file for reference

Would deeply appreciate any assistance on this matter!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't open the attached CSV file. 

Message 3 of 9
barthbradley

@Anonymous: I opened your RVT and checked out your Lookup Table. The Lookup Value  units (first named column in your table) is ##Length## and the "noh" column is ##other#. These are the two columns Revit is comparing. It can't compare different units.  Why not just change "noh" to ##Length##,  and make your NO HOLES family parameter of the Type Length. Then create another parameter of the Type Integer with the formula =(NO HOLES*1mm) ? 

Message 4 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

@Anonymous

Lookup tables are intended to store sizes (length). For other purposes such as yes/no parameters, or text values, use a type catalog.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi Bradly,

Thanks a lot, Clever workaround. I have been able to look integer values up from lookup tables with lengths as references before though, Why is it not working anymore? I can load you a family that does work, but it was created in Revit 2017, was there a change perhaps with the new version?

Appreciate the help regardless

Message 6 of 9
Wernerlang
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

@Alfredo_Medina  if you would like to use "int" in forumals your type catalogue won't work!

Message 7 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Wernerlang

@Wernerlang wrote:

@Alfredo_Medina  if you would like to use "int" in formulas your type catalog won't work!

Excuse me? What are you referring to? 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 9

Thank you Alfredo, this just really helped!
Message 9 of 9

This is a smart and creative way to solve it. It worked. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report