Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install Revit 2020 on Windows 10 - stuck on Initializing forever

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4884 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot install Revit 2020 on Windows 10 - stuck on Initializing forever

Hi,

I cannot install Revit 2020 in Windows 10.

Running the installer "Revit_2020_G1_Win_64bit_wi_en-US_Setup_webinstall" will open the "Autodesk Install Now" window and it will briefly download something, extract it, and then request admin privileges. Shortly after, a "Setup initialization" window appears with a bar that says "Initializing". The installation then immediately fails with no error message, with only the Autodesk Installer Error Report signalizing the presence of the error. If the reporter is closed, the setup window remains stuck in the "Initializing" phase forever, until I forcefully end the process through task manager.

I have tried deleting the C:\Autodesk and C:\Program Files\Autodesk directories; removing the registry keys at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Autodesk and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Autodesk and yet nothing works.

I have Windows VC++ Redistributables 2015/2017/2019 and ensured my graphics card drivers are up to date.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

same problem here. trying to install Revit 2019, error report just as it's initializing and then it's stuck here forever

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

same here with me.

been trying to download revit and autocad since yesterday but it keeps failing.. 😞

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

hey man, i found a fix for me. go to https://ava.autodesk.com/ and follow
the steps but remember to press I have a license so you get the right
download file. hope it helps, worked for me and my girlfriend!
Message 5 of 6
ViniciusKawazoe

Any luck? I am having the same problem here. Tried almost everything and nothing seems to work.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ViniciusKawazoe

Installs for Revit, AutoCAD, and AutoCAD Architecture were getting stuck on about 90% of deployments.  I noticed that  AdskLicensing-installer.exe was running in task manager forever.  Found that there is update to this file.  (Deployment package is version 9.0.1.1462 while this download is 9.2.2.2501).

You will find the download link halfway down the page:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-licensing-service-updat...

I replaced the AdskLicensing-installer.exe  file in my deployment folder Img\x86\AdskLicensing with the newer version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators