Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot drag plan in sheet

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2477 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot drag plan in sheet

I've been working with phasing in Revit. I made a duplicate (with detailing) of my floor plans. I tried to place these floor plans on the sheets but when I try to drag them to my sheets some of them can not be placed. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what the cause of this problem is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

The ones already placed on a sheet cannot be placed on another sheet.
Message 3 of 7
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

When you say some you could not drag and drop on the sheet, implies either of the following: 

• You are trying to drag and drop the View onto another model/drafting View (No prompt is displayed and nothing happens) => make sure the sheet is open on your screen, then from the project browser, drag and drop those views on  to the open sheets

• You are trying to place same view on multiple sheets and in such case Revit must have popped a prompt message up explaining why you cannot place it on the sheet and the message should be fairly self explanatory...IF you didn't see that prompt (image below) then it must be case 1.

prompt.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I have a problem with the floor plans that I didn't put in a sheet yet. 

Message 5 of 7
MostafaElashmawy

In that case, what do you mean by can't place them. 

you open sheet, drag the view to the opened sheet. then what happens? Do you see any error? 

may be it's added but for example it's too small because of the scale.

click on the + beside the sheet to see if the view is loaded or not.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: MostafaElashmawy

I tried to record it, so you can see what I mean. I tried to first to drag 2 of the floor plan that have a problem and then I did it with a floor plan that doesn't have any problems, so that you can see the difference. 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you all!! I just find a way to insert the floor plans in the sheet. Instead of dragging it into the sheet I added it in the sheets with the tool 'add view to sheet'. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report