Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

''Cannot assign or add 100A to Circuit''

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Pantaleon02
11199 Views, 3 Replies

''Cannot assign or add 100A to Circuit''

Hello

I'm getting this error "Cannot assign or add 100A to Circuit. There is no assigned distribution system for 100A". I'm super lost here...

planta electrica.PNG

*I'm using a normal architectural template for this project. I added an Electrical View template. And I changed the "voltage definitions" and  "Distribution Systems" 😞

eto3.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rudi.roux
in reply to: Pantaleon02

Hi @Pantaleon02

Hope you are well! Smiley Happy

You need to make sure of the following 3 things: 

• Make sure that you assigned a Distribution System to your Panel prior to creating circuits. (You can connect power to the receptacles and select the panel afterward, but the general workflow is to assign a Distribution system first). 
  • Make sure the Distribution System Voltage lines up with your receptacle voltages which you defined. 
  • If you can't change the voltage of your receptacles in your project, go into edit family mode and edit your family type parameters there.

You can use the images below to reference from: 

1-elec-1.png

1-elec-2.png

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 3 of 4

I did a test, based on the image you posted. This should work with the panel and distribution systems that you have, as shown below. 

Perhaps the distribution system was not assigned to the panel yet when you tried to assign the circuits to the panel, as @rudi.roux said?

2017-03-23_8-31-02.jpg

Message 4 of 4

Thank you! 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report