Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't snap to reference plane?!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gnarkill283
3346 Views, 4 Replies

Can't snap to reference plane?!

I'm trying to move a window to snap to a reference plane which was created earlier on a exterior wall above which sits 5 feet back and Revit won't snap to it. On the wall above, I can snap windows to this reference plane. Realizing this, I tried making the reference plane on the lower wall but the window still won't snap to it. Furthermore; when I try to align the window to the window above - the whole god **** wall moves over with all its contents (I might have done this earlier without noticing and now my project could be all messed up). How can something like this happen? Boggles the mind.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gnarkill283
in reply to: gnarkill283

I should add that both these walls are not orthogonal and that the elevation should be perpendicular to these walls

Message 3 of 5
gnarkill283

Figured out how to align the windows by copying reference planes in plan. Still - I don't get why it doesn't snap in elevation and align moves the entire wall - very frustrating.

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

Either you have some constrain between the window and the wall, or when you
align you didn't Tab to select the window.
Message 5 of 5
ToanDN

Either you have some constrain between the window and the wall, or when you
align you didn't Tab to select the window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report