Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see linked Revit file if I don't change Far Clip Offset

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Marcus.Isacsson
628 Views, 7 Replies

Can't see linked Revit file if I don't change Far Clip Offset

Hi fellas!

I have a really weird problem. Can't see the linked file with structural things if I don't set the far clip offset really high (so that it includes the whole file it seems). 

Would need to have a lower far clip but still see the correct information (the structural parts should be visible without a high far clip offset). 

The linked file is a *.rvt and we're using Revit 2019.2.

Screenshot_3.png    Screenshot_2.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Create a brand new Elevation/Section (do not Duplicate existing), and see if it's replicable.  

Message 3 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: Marcus.Isacsson

I've seen this before if either the section or the structural are at slight angle to the project.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 8
Marcus.Isacsson
in reply to: RobDraw

@RobDraw wrote:

I've seen this before if either the section or the structural are at slight angle to the project.

Oh crap, I guess that this could be the problem. They could've inserted the coordinates manually rather than "acquire coordinates"....

Guess the only solution would be to make sure they align their model properly?

Message 5 of 8

Isn't this about certain elements inside one CAD Link not showing, or are you saying that those diagonal braces are in reacting bizarrely to the Far Clip are in a separate link?  

Message 6 of 8

@barthbradley wrote:

Isn't this about certain elements inside one CAD Link not showing, or are you saying that those diagonal braces are in reacting bizarrely to the Far Clip are in a separate link?  

It's a linked Revit file, no elements of the linked file are showing unless we set the far clip offset really high.

Message 7 of 8

Ah! Can you replicate it?  Lets see if it not the view itself that is corrupted. It does happen sometimes.  

Message 8 of 8

@barthbradley wrote:

Ah! Can you replicate it?  Lets see if it not the view itself that is corrupted. It does happen sometimes.  

Yes, it's easy to replicate. Happens to every view as far as I can tell, even new ones. 
Never had this kind of trouble with linked Rvt-files before. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report