Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete walls without Revit crashing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HS_CMack
494 Views, 5 Replies

Can't delete walls without Revit crashing

Hi,

We have got a few walls in our Revit project that can't be edited or deleted without crashing. No warnings, no error messages, just the white screen of death and a forced restart of Revit.

We received a model from another company to continue working on it. The walls haven't been editable since we received the model.

The only solution if have found on here is to get Autodesk to fix it.

Can this be confirmed.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: HS_CMack

hello, it could be the file is a central file ??? you need to open the file first then select detached from central file > discard workset and saveas a new file?. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6
HS_CMack
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi, thanks for the response. 

I have gone through the typical problem solving steps, detaching, auditing, saving locally, etc with no luck. 

Other local files can’t delete either. 

I cant link it into a new project and “bind” either. It gets stuck on these walls. 

Message 4 of 6
ennujozlagam

hello, can possible share the file so we can check? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 6
HS_CMack
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Due to the nature of the project, I am not able to share.

Unfortunately it is a ideas only topic

Message 6 of 6
ennujozlagam

i understand. thanks

how about if you copy the troubled walls (some walls only not all it's up to you)  in a another new file (can edit ?) then paste again to your project file and see what is the outcome? just saying. thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report