Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use FBX files in Revit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
nyree5YYS4
2884 Views, 7 Replies

Can I use FBX files in Revit

Hi all, 

I'm new to 3D Modelling and keep finding loads of great components I would like to use, however all the files do not include .RVT

Can I use .FBX files? or any other files? If so how do I import them into my Revit model? I do not have any other software at this stage so am relying on Revit. If there is no way to import these files can someone point me in the direction of amazing .RVT furniture components!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: nyree5YYS4

@nyree5YYS4hello, you can to check it HERE on how to import. thanks

Click HERE

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
nyree5YYS4
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. Im still a little confused. I dont have 3Ds Max or anything other than revit. So im not sure about all the 'Linking'

I'm looking at 3D components I can buy and download online and before I buy them I would like to know if they will actually open in Revit and render properly.  hope this makes sense.

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

@nyree5YYS4hello, you can download for trial version before you decide to purchace. check it HERE. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8

You are looking for components such as furniture that you want to use in your Revit project. If you want to use Revit family files, the file extension these will have is .rfa and you can edit these objects and their materials in Revit or the family editor to achieve the desired render appearance. A lot of manufacturers offer .rfa files for download on their homepages.

If you do not find .rfa files you like, you can use other file type from other applications. A lot of information is on this page:

Using Information from Other Applications

For example, CAD formats that are supported for import/linking are .dwg, dxf, dgn, .sat, and .skp

Message 6 of 8
ennujozlagam

@nyree5YYS4hello, my apology i misunderstood your queries. you can check it HERE. hope it helps. thanks

Message 7 of 8
nyree5YYS4
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks! that is a great resource. I'm looking for domestic furniture, couches and beds etc. 

For this project deadline i will continue in Revit only and try to find suitable components in .rfa files. I have just downloaded the 3Ds Max trial and am excited to test it out soon.

Message 8 of 8
ennujozlagam

@nyree5YYS4you can also try

Click HERE

Click HERE

Click HERE

Hope it helps. thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report