Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Curtain Panel have a Type Image?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
curtisridenour
363 Views, 9 Replies

Can a Curtain Panel have a Type Image?

I cannot seem to edit the Type Image parameter for a curtain panel family.

curtisridenour_0-1724885842073.png

I can edit the Image parameter but not the Type Image one. Any insight on the matter would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: curtisridenour

You can add Type Image to Custom panel families. Or you can use a basic wall type for curtain panels and assign type image to the wall type.

You can add a new image type parameter to Curtain Panel category.

ToanDN_1-1724956217953.png

ToanDN_0-1724956182350.png

Message 3 of 10

So that is a negative for the normal curtain panels?

Message 4 of 10

No, a Curtain Panel in Revit cannot have a Type Image parameter. However, you can use the URL parameter to link to an external image if needed
Message 5 of 10

Thank you. Good to know. We will probably use the instance Image parameter sadly.

Message 6 of 10

A Curtain Panel CAN have an Image Type Parameter.  

Curtain Panel Type Image.png

Message 7 of 10

Yes a project/shared parameter would allow for that. But the OOTB "Type Image" parameter I don't think can be used.
Message 8 of 10

Message 9 of 10

This solution will only work in Revit Full, not in Revit LT
Message 10 of 10

I was specifically looking to use the OOTB parameter Type Image. We already use this parameter for most of our schedules. I was very confused why I could not use the same parameter for a Curtain Panel Schedule. I am sure Autodesk has their reason but it seemed really odd that I could not. I was hoping it was not just User Error on my part. I was seeking confirmation of my assumption. Vito provided that confirmation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report