Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate full wall area when % of openings is less than a given value

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JasonLLINDNER
1727 Views, 5 Replies

Calculate full wall area when % of openings is less than a given value

HI revitiers

Is there a way to get Revit to calculate wall areas as follows

1. if percentage of wall openings, Windows, doors in the wall is less than 10% of the total wall area => use/schedule full wall area 
  2. if percentage of opening, Windows, doors in the walls is greater than 10% of the total wall area => deduct the openings from the total wall area i.e.: schedule area = total wall - total openings

Using Revit 2016

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I assume it can be done but not automatically. You would need some calculated values, additional columns in the schedule, and some manual entry. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: JasonLLINDNER

I think there used to be a addin some couple of years back which does something similar but I can't confirm for sure...I've never used it as such kind of tasks were always someone else's headache lol

You can check on Autodesk Exchange if no feasible solutions are offered here

i can think of Dynamo doing such tasks easily but I'm not sure the trouble is worth it

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 6
JasonLLINDNER
in reply to: RDAOU

Found the app you mentioned on Autodesk App Store and it does what is required...thanks

Message 5 of 6
Sinha
in reply to: JasonLLINDNER

Hi what was the name of this app?

Message 6 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: Sinha

@Sinha 

This is an old one!! I believe the addin was roombook/areabook ... later I think in 2014 became part of the Subscription package; however, had to be installed separately at the time from Autodesk App store...later moved and made available on account management downloads section or through the desktop app in 2017/2018 ... today it is an integral part of Revit like most addins which Autodesk took over.

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report