Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch pdf printing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3399 Views, 6 Replies

Batch pdf printing

Is there a way to batch print to pdf with auto file naming?
What I need to do is to print all the sheets, (around 100) to individual pdfs. Thus, I do not want to name each one individually.
How would one go about this? Is there a plugin that I don't know about?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rudi.roux
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Hope you are well! Smiley Happy

Have a look at the following two links below which served as a solution for other users: 

Link ONE

Link TWO

Also, other paid for options are RTV Xporter  OR  Xrev Transmit (This one is generally also the favorite option among past forum threads, apart from batch plotting, you can batch export & filter what you want to plot/export to .DWG etc.)

Other options like BlueBeam can also be investigated.

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rudi.roux

Hi Rudi, thanks for the links, but those also require you to name each individual file. Any one of our big multi use projects will have upwards of 100 sheets per package. Having to name them individually is not an option.

Message 4 of 7
rudi.roux

Hi @Anonymous

Quick extracts from what RTV Tools/Xporter and Xrev Transmit where you can use project parameters on sheets or from your Project to name PDFs/Batch PDFs.

1-print-to-pdf.png 

2-print-to-pdf.png

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 5 of 7
Archigrafix_Norge
Message 6 of 7

Among many other features Docuflow takes care of all the complicated stuff in making PDFs.

• Creates correct PDF page sizes that matches the Revit sheets. Any size, any format.
  • Prints landscape and portrait sheets at the same time.
  • Filename customization
  • No dialogs prompted during the print job.
  • Sorts your sheets by last project revision (Revit sequence). One can easily find the latest sheets on top of the list.
  • Optimized for speed. According to our tests, the fastest batch printer of PDFs for Revit. 

A free trial of Docuflow can be downloaded in the Autodesk Revit App Store:

Luis Santos

archi systems as

Message 7 of 7

Here goes a short presentation of how to batch print with Docuflow.

Luis Santos

archi systems as

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report